Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the story of little noodle



yesterday, as i was walking into my garden level apartment, i heard tiny cat cries down the hallway. i stuck my keys in my pocket and walked into the downstairs entryway. the nervous mews were coming from behind wooden boards that were leaning up against the wall. i made a little clicking noise and boom! a little grey cat came running out to greet me. skinny, white paws and a little white dollup on the end of her tail.

after crouching down to pet her for a bit, i stood up and said "well, little noodle! what ever am i going to do with you?" thinking the cat must've belonged to someone in my building, i started walking up the steps to knock on some doors in search of her owner. little noodle followed me up each set of stairs, walking alonside me and purring by my feet whenever i stopped. at one point she walked back down the stairs, but when she stopped to look up at me, i said "come on!" and she pranced back up them to join me at my side. four empty apartments and one "not ours" later, noodle and i walked back downstairs. i saw a girl getting ready to do her laundry, but she said the cat wasn't hers. that she and her boyfriend had seen noodle outside the night before and an old man from our building said the cat had been around for a few days. someone must've let her in.

i wondered what to do with noodle for about two seconds, before i just gave in. "fine noodle, you can stay." after that, it was just a matter of wrangling my friend kelly into going on a cat shopping spree. kell has always hated cats...but i think she must be developing a soft spot for my little bundle of lost love. thanks for all your help last night "auntie kelly." :)

so here we are. just me and noodle. and after one night with her, i can tell you this cat is loud, curious and loves to cuddle. so, yes, what i'm saying is: we're two peas in a pod.

i know that, being as domestic as she is, she probably did have a home. i'm going to have to post "found" signs around the neighborhood in the next few days to make sure she doesn't belong to some sweet old lady. still, a little part of me hope she's mine for keeps.

ps - how strange is it that all this happened the same day my friend from work posted this video

No comments:

Post a Comment