Tuesday, August 16, 2011

howdy, stranger

First of all - friends, I am so sorry for having neglected you and your need for blog-time. Whether you actually love my little stories or you just seriouslyneed something to do while you're at work, girlfriend let you down. But now I'm back (to show you, I can really shake 'em down).

Last week was a blur of work and that 48 hour sickness that goes around each time the seasons change. That's the boring stuff. The fun part was the wedding of my friends Andy & Sarah, two hilarious and wonderful people who met just over a year ago and were married this weekend (insert aaaaws). Their ceremony & reception were at the Goss Opera House in Watertown, SD. Everything about this place was beautiful and it was perfect for A & S. I love weddings in general, but I especially love seeing how people's weddings reflect their character both individually and as a couple. For these two it was groomsmen in black converse (the groom's were red!), Sarah's dad's prayer during the ceremony, wild flower bouquets, skinny neon ties and a photo booth full of props. For me, it was so much dancing. When we left the reception the bride said to my date, our friend John, "Thanks for bringing her. More than one person has said to me 'she looks like she likes to have a good time.'" Because I do. And because their marriage is something to celebrate.

Note: Great things said in the speeches included "A lot of you think Sarah's too pretty for Andy. And you're right." And "I always wondered who would be the right man for my friend with the leopard print flats, until I met Andy. I think he was born with a bowtie on."
I know what you're thinking...I look really good with a mustache. 

1 comment:

  1. Jodi Z here....Courtesy of Kathryn Zavoral: "Excuse me, I mustache you a question...okay, I will shave it for later..."

    Heart the pics!

    ReplyDelete