Wednesday, May 4, 2011

i've got a feeling



You know that feeling you got in high school or college when you saw your teacher at, say, the mall?  Or when you see your boss at the bar with friends? Or when you see your coach out on a date? Oh, who am I kidding, I didn't play sports. Anyway, you know what I'm talking about. That weird-ish feeling when you realize that just because you only see him/her in one place, doesn't mean they only exist there. That they actually have a life outside of the part of their world that you're a part of?

And you know that other feeling when you see someone or meet someone and you know you know them? But you can't seem figure out why, how or from where? In these cases, it usually turns out that you've forgotten for a reason. So that when you find out how you know the person, when the truth hits you like a ton of bricks, you're, like, pretty embarrassed. 

Have you ever felt both of those feelings at once? I did. Today. When I realized that the lady who looked so familiar at Yoga on Sunday was in fact...drumroll please...my gynecologist. Ummm...what was I supposed to do with that? "Hey, great form in tree pose. Sidenote, your hands are cold"? 

Because it's a Wednesday and I'm sure you were not expecting this sort of story, I'd like to thank you for taking this trip down awkward memory lane with me. The next tour will be at 5:30 at a location near you. Snacks are available in the gift shop. Feel free to take a brochure on your way out. Donations are not expected, but always appreciated. Have a nice evening, folks. 

2 comments:

  1. Hahahha! I so know those awkward moments. Hilarious that it turned out to be your Gyno! I'm not sure if this is even related to your post but, get this...So I was recording some video footage while biking not to long ago..and I'm going and going, then I almost crash into this man & the camera gets pretty much all up in his space. When I got home and re-watched the video, it turned out to beeeeee -- my high school Glee club teacher/conductor!

    ReplyDelete