Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The life & times of Albert Einstein

Me & Tubby. You should know that I, too, live for rainbows.

Me & Tubby's mom, my love, Liz. At the thrift store wearing what we like to call
"Jaclyn Smith Resort Wear Collection 1989." I'm wearing this outfit today. Naturally.

These times they are a changing. I've been the worst blogger ever. I started this bad boy with only the best intentions and I failed you miserably. To use the most tired phrase of all 2011 - "winning" ...I am not.

The good news is, I have decided what to do. Well, today it's my decision. Tomorrow I could change my mind. Because it's me and hi, have we met? I'm fickle as the day is long, on a long day, sometimes. Anyway. I think I'm going to start a music Tumblr to complement this blog. And then, I'm going to start taking pictures with my fancy new Canon G12 and putting them on this blog for you to feast upon with your darling little (or big...or medium-size) eyes. I shall keep you posted on all these endeavors. No, literally, I will post about them. (See: proper use of the word literal. aka, not "Her head literally blew up!" You're welcome and thank you, David Cross.)

Now, I leave you with my recent conversations with a four-year-old:
(note: my words are in italics) 


"You look tan."
"Do you really think so?"
"Yeah. Just look at yourself!"

"Your nickname is going to be Tubby."
"No, it's little dragon."
"No, I really think Tubby is better. It's shorter, you know?" 
"No, it's little dragon."
"Alright, little dragon."
"No, wait. It's Tubby."

"What's hideous mean?"
"It means really ugly."
"Well that explains everything."

"I can point out menoras."
"What's a menora?" 
"It's this thing with a bunch of candles that go like this"
(makes "w" in the air with little fingers)
"Do you know who uses menoras? 
(silence. blank stare)
"...Jewish people!" 
"Oh! Does Ju have one?"
(Ju = our friend Julia...not a jew. So close)


And lines from adults I know: 

"Do you want this jelly bean? I think it's pickle."
"Why would I get a pickle jelly bean?"
"I don't know...you have a whole bag of them."

"Go big or go home is another phrase I made up and use sometimes."

"So last night I was huddled in my downstairs basement with my future new roomie and my dog and I ate a salad in the dark. Is that considered a new low? And, is that something worthy of tumbling about?"



1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how I feel about being considered an adult.

    ReplyDelete