Friday, July 22, 2011

i can see russia from my house!


False. I cannot. Can anyone? 

True: These days, if you're in my apartment or sitting next to me at work, you're bound to see something Russian. And I'm talking about those furry hats. I'm talking about Russian Tea! (Are those furry hats even Russian?)

Truly, I'm obsessed. It's as hot as the Devil's armpit in this little city so that my skin is practically melting off, but I still can't seem to put the stuff down. I suppose I could have it cold, but having a hot mug of it in the morning has been making my day. Probably because it reminds me of my great grandma and the rest of my beautiful family - and if that's not worth sweating through the afternoon, I don't know what is.

If you haven't tried Russian Tea, I highly encourage you to do so. There are plenty of fancy recipes online, with ingredients like orange rinds and instructions like "boil" and "wait." Well, guess what? I'm a working lady and I just don't have time for that business. Thank goodness my family recipe is easy peasy:

2 cups Tang
2 cups Iced Tea (sweetened)
1 cup Lemonade
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves

And all you do is mix them! Can you believe it? JUST MIX! Then add a few scoops to a glass of hot or cold water and enjoy.

Suck on that cooks.com. No seriously, do. It's delicious.

---

Editor's Note: All thanks for this post and my joy over russian tea is courtesy of my beautiful cousin Sarah. B, you're the best. And how dare I forget to mention you in the first place! Clearly, I'm practically delirious because of the stuff. Love you to bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment