Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sayonara














I guess summer is the time to go away, because I just attended another send off! It was a grill party for my friend Beej (my music baby buddy), who's going to Japan to visit his brother, Travis. Travis works for A&F and got an offer to relocate to Japan's new flagship store, so he and his wife Sarah packed up and left! I love life's unexpected opportunities and so enjoy hearing about people and couples and families who take advantage of these kinds of adventures.

I'm equally excited for Brandon to experience overseas travel and to explore a new culture. It's so exciting! It just makes me thankful all over again for my life and the chances I've had to visit other countries and understand how other people live throughout the world.

The going away party was a blast! It was so great to spend time with Brandon and his friends - the ones I already knew and a few new faces - including Jilly - who I've been waiting to meet for, like, ever! While his friend Matt loaded the kabobs and prepared the food, I ate snacked until I was full. That's always the case, huh? Eating the dinner before it's actually done? I was just too eager to hold back - and isn't that just the story of my life!

With that, here's to you Beej. I hope you have the best time ever and that you take tons of pictures, so my blogbesties and I can live vicariously through you!

Cheers & safe travels! 

1 comment:

  1. Not pictured: Dani being the first to peel the plastic off dessert (before any other course of course) and asking, "can i eat one of these?". Well, yeah. Sure. Now that it's already in your hand and has a bite out of it, it's all yours. The pleasure was all ours, Dee! THANK YOU and Kanpai! A variety of photos and japanese candies are coming your way.

    ReplyDelete