Tuesday, June 7, 2011

adventures with tubby


The weather has been b-e-a-u-tiful in the Midwest this week, so I've been spending as much time as possible outside. You may remember from recent posts that hell hath frozen over and I finally - contrary to everything I've ever believed about myself - actually like running. And, as punishment for this contradiction,  I've gone and strained my groin. 

My doctor, WebMD, has advised that I keep my activities pretty low-impact while I wait for the "injury" to heal. But I still want to frolick around in the short-lived sunny season while I can, so last night Harp (tubby), Liz (her mom) and I went for a walk in our neighborhood. 

Fine, you got me. We walked to a nearby pizza place. And, yes, okay, I realize eating a boatload of melty cheese pretty much defeats the purpose of physical activity, but supper is an important meal, so we couldn't very well skip it. Three out of 10 WebMD posts agree. I'm pretty sure.

Harp and I have been spending a lot of time together, which I love. Because both she & her mom cuuuh-rack me up. Usually we get to have our best, Julia, in the mix, too. But she works with the orientation program at MSUM and this is a really busy time for her. For the record: we super miss you, Ju.

The three of us also went to the pool last Sunday to bask in the heat that's finally decided to show up to the party. The thing about public pools is that there is never a time you go, where something weird doesn't happen. Did you catch that double negative? There's always some sort of story. This time, after hours of sharing sour skittles, talking shop about little mermaid, eating a variety of freezepops and almost leaving unscathed... some kid threw up in the water. 

Hey, parents! How about we don't stuff our kids with pool hotdogs if they're going to keep swimming? Ew. Who trusts pool hotdogs in the first place? Some of you are thinking "Who trusts hotdogs, ever?".  But that's pretty un-American of you, don't you think?

Anyway, the good news is it wasn't poop, we were not in the pool at the time of "the second coming" and we got raincheck passes, because they had to kick us out. It just goes to show you that public pools are always an adventure. Primarily in why kids are gross. But also cute. I guess. 

2 comments:

  1. YES! I DID IT! I'm a genius! I successfully commented on your blog!! (I think) It must be a Mac thing. This time I used a Mac to post my comment and it seems to have done the trick! Thank you Casselton issues Mac computer that will soon be required to be given back. :/

    ReplyDelete