Friday, June 10, 2011

midwest meat festival/things i regret #567





Just returned from Ribfest 2011, where I went with my coworkers Kevin and Lisa. For my first time at what I've been calling "the fest," I decided to go all out. Which led to spending $18 on a mountain of meat, soaked in barbecue sauce, topped with baked beans, potato salad and - my favorite - cornbread. Oh, yeah, I also pitched in $1 to eat the most awful cheese curd of my life. Go big or go home, I always say.

According to the current state of body, I should have gone home. Am now in the process of searching for six thousand tums and a place to nap. Being a carnivore ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Please excuse me while I finish having the meat spins in peace.

2 comments:

  1. Awww yeah! Good old meat sweats!! What a great place to get them from! Not much better than BBQ Ribs, music and beverages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. braden! love to see that you're still reading :) hope to run into you soon friend!

    ReplyDelete