Monday, June 13, 2011

the weekender






Well friends, it's Monday. I know. Ew.

But Monday means that I just got done with another fun-filled weekend. This time around, I enjoyed the sunny days with a bunch of nothing and everything, including:

Movie night & a sleepover on Friday, with my friend Jackie. Time outside reading & lounging in the park near my apartment. Crashing a bachelorette party with Julia & Liz. Eating my shame, or what others call mcdonald's. Spending the rest of our side-splitting night at Julia's being ridiculous and watching Liz put on a fashion show. Gabbing in bed the next morning while watching the news. Downing a greasy Sunday breakfast with Kelly to help cure the fun-over from the night before. Nursing what looks like i've been suckin' on a blue marker, but is, in actuality a tiny black & blue spot on my lip. Doing the laundry that's been evil-eyeing me all month. Avoiding folding and putting away said laundry. Driving to Grand Forks to cheer up a newly single friend. Trying and failing to turn off my brain. Getting super excited for my next big adventure to Lebanon, which involves a pit stop in Portland to spend time with the family I'm oh-so-obsessed with. An adventure that happens to start...drumroll please...Friday!

I hope your weekend was just as wonderfully ordinary as mine.

Also, if you are feeling slightly, moderately or extremely judgey about my early summer reading choices, I understand. I judge me, too. Feel free to offer some suggestions in comments! I can read real good, you know.

Ben Sollee - How to See the Sun Rise

No comments:

Post a Comment