Friday, April 15, 2011

adventures at Y west

I live downtown, so I usually go to the YMCA three blocks away. This week, I went to Y West for the first time ever to pretend to be fit over my lunch break. These were my thoughts:

Woah, Y West. I expected your locker room to be more bomb shelter-y like the other one. And these lockers could fit at least three skinny nerds from a predictable sitcom in them. 

I have to run thirty minutes? In a row? / needwater/ amidying / cantbreathe / Holy, I ran thirty minutes! In a row

Ahem, pardon me, creepy old man on the stair machine? I won't be here long enough to watch you stretch, so why don't you just go back to watching Guiding Light on tv1. Thanks. 

Ummm YES, guy folding towels at the work out desk, that is all I'm doing today. My face is boiling lava hot and is visibly melting off before your eyes. Isn't that enough for you? 

Hmm...I think these towels are bigger than the ones at downtown Y. In fact I'm sure of it, because these ones almost cover my whole middle, instead of reaching just below my belly button. Are you rich, Y West? 

Just kidding, I spoke too soon. You so clearly took from the shower-curtain-width fund to increase the coverage of your towels. 

Hey, middle-aged dude in the YMCA t-shirt, no need for the "Should i say hi?" song and dance. Just smile and nod or something. You're making this really awkward for everyone involved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment