Wednesday, April 20, 2011

sea of love

photo of a print by art of chase

"The light in me honors the light in you."

Dear readers. I have something to say. Please bear 
with, because it's almost my birthday and all I want is to be heard:

I believe that every person deserves to be loved. 
To know love and to feel love. 

And that's why, in the big ways and the medium ways, 
but especially in the small ways, my goal is to show love. 
To let everyone I meet know that I see them
That I think they have worth and potential and that they are special. 
To remind them that they deserve everything out of this life. 

You may have heard me say that I try to be kind, always. 
That sometimes I forget, because I am very foolish. 

But each morning I wake up reminding myself not to take 
for granted the fact that - even though I am just one person and that
in this world I am so small and imperfect - I can still show someone
that their light is important. I can still show them love. 

You, too, are just one small person in this big world.
But every interaction is another to chance to turn it all around. 
For yourself and for someone like you. 

So I ask you to choose kindness. 

Because we are all more the same than we are different. 

And it beats making your barista feel like a load of crap because your 
double-shot venti mocha wasn't as hot as you wanted it to be. 

Namaste. 

Motopony - King of Diamonds

ps. I'm sure the title of this blog made you expect Sea of Love by Cat Power,
but I just couldn't resist posting the song that I've been listening to on repeat.
You can get your fill of Miss Power here

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful and soulful post to start another year of your kind existence. :) happy birthday! have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my favorite.
    i love you!
    wish we could celebrate your bday together. sigh.
    and weird, i've been listening to cat power all week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really love this & Happy Birthday to youuuuuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thank you so much for posting this. I try to do this too, especially to those who work with the public (retail, restaurants, etc.) because I've worked in that industry and I know how frustrating it can be to try to do a good job and still come up short. I always try to keep a smile on my face when I'm interacting with people. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete