Tuesday, April 12, 2011

some kids are pretty awesome, actually


I spent the weekend an hour north, visiting my friends Dave & Kari for their son (my godson) Micah's second birthday, Veggie Tales style. D&K have four (point five) kids: Isaac, Lilah, Asher, Micah and tbd baby -- all under seven! And while I don't love all kids, I luuuuurve theirs.

Partly because they're hilarious, cute and I've been in their lives since Isaac's first day of life, so I'm not as awkward as I might be around other people's kids. But also it's probably because they, for some reason think I'm pretty much the coolest. Either despite the fact that I'm a total looneytune or because of it. I can't be bothered to find out.

Isaac and I had a sleepover in his room, as per his request (aw!). Lilah whispered that she didn't want to me leave at least eight times and was a serious cuddlemonster due to allergies. Asher was my sidekick all weekend and stood at the top of the stairs yelling "Mama! Can I go wif Daaani? I wanna go wif her. Can I, Mama?" for a full four minutes after he found out I was leaving (be real - that's a long time for a three year old to stay focused on one thing). And Micah said my name all weekend, which, at age two, is enough to make my tiny black heart throw a party of its own. Because there's something about a kid loving you that just makes you feel like the absolute best.

D&K - I love your babies. Glad your giving Red* a run for her money and adding more to the loot. :)

The only downside to this weekend was missing my cousin Sarah's daughter's Justin Bieber birthday party. This was a super bummer to me, because a) I have Bieber fever - I know, embarrassing and b) I'm obsessed with Sarah and her family - they're adorable. So, Paige-a-roo - happy birthday. This one's for you.

Justin Bieber - Favorite Girl (Live) 

*Red is my mom's nickname sometimes. She has five babers, including me. And we are, like, completely nutso. So she deserves a lot of credit. (love you mom!)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh.....thanks Dani we all enjoyed you being here as well! Thanks for all your help with "decorating" for the party and feeding my kids samples at Sams Club!! Always a Fun time when we get to have "our" Dani home!!

    ReplyDelete